Networker

Re: [Networker] staging (or something else?

2008-09-26 13:22:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] staging (or something else?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:17:28 -0400
On 9/26/08 11:57 AM, Sid Shapiro wrote:
Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU> wrote:

Subject Re: [Networker] staging (or something else?

Sid,
What do you mean by "cleaned"? NetWorker will mark that the save sets

are not there in the mediadb -- and NetWorker will actually remove the staged save sets from the aftd even when it is marked Read Only. This leads to the question of how are you determining what save sets need to be moved off this device?

By cleaned, I mean actually removing the data from the AFD and reclaiming the space. If the device was marked as read-only, I didn't think that would happen.
My experience has been that NetWorker (7.3.x) does that even when the AFTD is marked as read only.

As for how I get the list of save sets to stage, I run an mminfo -a on the volume on the old AFT, then I grab the ssid from that list.
/ Sid /
I assume you are looking at the sumflags and clflags values to be certain that they are "good" save sets which should be staged and not ones that have errors and will never successfully move. I also hope you are specifying the ssid and the cloneid to the nsrstage command so NetWorker knows you want just the one that is on that AFTD to be moved and not any other copies that might be somewhere else (like on a clone tape).