Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 7.4.3 owner notification changes?

2008-09-24 08:30:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.4.3 owner notification changes?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:24:49 -0400
I also use the 'Owner Notification' field on some clients and noticed a change
after upgrading to 7.4.2 from 7.2.2.
Although I'm using BLAT instead of smtpmail command, it is still working, it
sends an e-mail when the group the client is in completes.
But unlike savegroup completion notification e-mails, the sending of the e-mail
is no longer logged in the daemon.raw or daemon.log file anymore... So you
can't tell if the e-mail was sent or not unless the recipients let you know
they did or did not get the e-mails...
Maybe we should request this be put back so it works like it did before the
upgrade ??? I would like to have everything logged in daemon.log, including
theses types of events..