Networker

[Networker] How to set up for VSS snapshot backups

2008-09-18 11:56:33
Subject: [Networker] How to set up for VSS snapshot backups
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:52:17 -0400
I am trying to learn how VSS snapshots work in NetWorker. The NetWorker server is Power Edition 7.4SP1 on Solaris 10 and I have the latest NetWorker module for Microsoft Applications on the client, which runs Windows 2003. How do I get this to work? I set up a snapshot policy in the group and I am following the documentation, but I get a message that the save operation is not supported.

Here's the message:

NetWorker savegroup: (alert) test4 completed, Total 1 client(s), 1 Failed. Please see group completion details for more information.

Failed: feith-dev

Start time:   Thu Sep 18 11:36:46 2008
End time:     Thu Sep 18 11:44:07 2008

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

See the file /nsr/tmp/sg/test4/sso.feith-dev.WBaivq for details. This file may be removed after Thu Sep 25 11:36:46 2008.

5 retries attempted
52051:nsrsnap:Printing savecmd=nsrsnap_vss_save.exe after parsing
SYSTEM COMPONENTS:\ Q:\ I:\ F:\ D:\ C:\
50387:nsrsnap_vss_save: nsrsnap_vss_save: Calling nsrsnap_vss_save.exe
50393:nsrsnap_vss_save: nsrsnap_vss_save: flag=? arg=NSR_SNAP_TYPE=vss. Save operation feature is not supported. Ignoring input provided [5532] [I] 09/18/08 11:45:52 NetWorker Server Version: NetWorker 7.4.1.Build.335 Power Edition/348 50410:nsrsnap_vss_save: nsrsnap_vss_save: Must provide Application Information NSR_SNAP_TYPE value