Networker

[Networker] 36-slot Quantum Scalar 50 with 32-slot license?

2008-09-18 05:47:13
Subject: [Networker] 36-slot Quantum Scalar 50 with 32-slot license?
From: Nico De Ranter <nico AT SONYCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:43:27 +0200
Hi,

I'm considering replacing my current tape library with a new Quantum
Scalar 50. The new tape library has 36 slots but my Networker
Autochanger license is only valid for 32 slots. Does anybody know
whether it's possible to limit the Quantum Scalar 50 so it reports only
32 slots? I downloaded the manual for the library but couldn't find
anything about this (there is something about 'load ports' which seems
to be able to do this but it's totally unclear to me how this
functions).  I don't want to end up having to disable half of my slots
to be able to get below the 32-slot mark.

Thanks in advance,

Nico