Networker

[Networker] Networker] ADV_File device count

2008-09-17 16:33:10
Subject: [Networker] Networker] ADV_File device count
From: Roberta Gold <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:30:16 -0700
From EMC:

Hi Roberta,
I have taken the ownership of the case. As I understand you are using Networker 7.4.2 on Unix and you have a question regarding the license of Advanced file Type Device. Advanced File Type Device uses only 1 disk license. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am not sure this is true.

It is certainly two devices, but on an earlier version
they seemed to count as one for licensing purposes.  (I
exceeded my licensed device count by the number of adv_file
devices).