Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows NT cluster license issue

2008-09-16 10:38:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows NT cluster license issue
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:35:03 -0400
On Sep 16, 2008, at 8:57 AM, Phil Myers wrote:

Hello, everyone.

We have a Windows NT cluster client that persists in using a regular
networker license instead of an available NT cluster license. Node 1 is
named LX-SQL1 and node 2 is LX-SQL2, with the cluster name LXSQL.
LX-SQL2 shows up under the license report as using an NT cluster
license, while LX-SQL1 is using a regular client license.  It's as if
Networker is not seeing LX-SQL1 as part of the cluster.  We still have
an available NT cluster license.  I have deleted and reinstalled the
cluster licenses numerous times without any effect. I have deleted and re-added the clients to no effect. Any ideas how I can get Networker to
see this client correctly?

Which NetWorker server version are you running? NetWorker 7.4SP2 does away with cluster licensing.