Networker

Re: [Networker] Restarting a failed group....

2008-09-11 16:33:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restarting a failed group....
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 06:27:55 +1000
Hi Kent,

On 12/09/2008, at 03:52 , Dias, Kent (Contractor) wrote:
Our fulls are frequently still running after midnight. Most of them are
scheduled as:

        incr incr incr incr incr full incr

The problem we have is that if the Full fails and we restart after
midnight the restart runs as an incremental since it's now on an incr
day. Will changing this setting have any impact on this issue?

This is an (annoying) bug that keeps on cropping up in NetWorker. There are patches available for it under NetWorker 7.4.2, it was fixed in NetWorker 7.3.3, but I've heard from colleagues that it's broken as well in 7.3.4.

The original escalation number for when it was first tracked down in the 7.3.x tree was LGTpa89337; the escalation that resulted in the patches for savegrp in 7.4.2 was LGTsc18009.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy", due out September 26 2008:

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com