Networker

Re: [Networker] Schedules and browse/retention policies

2008-09-11 12:33:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Schedules and browse/retention policies
From: "Hodges, Bruce" <BHodges AT LEVI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:18:38 -0500
At least up to 7.3.3.build.510, Preston is correct that applying a
schedule OR level in the group will override the client settings.

However concerning the retention policies, while you can set different
periods at the client and at the media pool, Networker will always
enforce the greater of those two settings (err on the side of caution).
As long as that is what you want, no problem.  We have done quite a bit
of testing and came to the conclusion not to use pool retention, but
instead created multiple client definitions, each with the desired
retention period (monthly, annual, etc.).

Please let me know if anyone has found a different method.

Sorry for the late response.

Bruce