Networker

Re: [Networker] solaris 10 install 7.4: unable to use the console

2008-09-09 07:53:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] solaris 10 install 7.4: unable to use the console
From: Gerard Henry <ghenry AT CMI.UNIV-MRS DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:39:39 +0200
Tim Mooney wrote:
In regard to: [Networker] solaris 10 install 7.4: unable to use the...:

hello all,
i have installed the console on a different machine than the server. I followed what it's written in "Sun StorageTek Enterprise Backup Software Release 7.4 Installation Guide"
nsraddadmin -u "user=root, host=machA"
nsraddadmin -u "user=administrator,host=machA"
but from machA, i'm unable to connect to the console, i got errors:
Java Web Start - Unexpected Error
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

but if i'm using nsradmin on machA:
nsradmin -s machB
(machB is the server)
it works!

Based on the information you've provided, I can't really tell what your
environment is.  Is it

    machA    - a server with the NMC installed, running a web server
    machB    - your NetWorker server
    machC    - your desktop workstation, where you're running a browser

Is that correct?

in my case, machA and machC are the same machine.

In the Java web start window, there's probably an option to get "Details"
on the problem.  This may include a Java stack trace.  If so, what are the
contents of the stack trace.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Undefined product taskbar:Please clear the Java Web Start cache and relaunch the application at COM.legato.gwt.framework.LServiceProvider.getApplicationTaskBar(LServiceProvider.java:907) at COM.legato.gwt.framework.LMainWindow.createApplicationWindow(LMainWindow.java:322) at COM.legato.gwt.framework.LServiceProvider.spawnApplicationWindow(LServiceProvider.java:1179)
        at COM.legato.gwt.framework.LMainWindow.main(LMainWindow.java:1431)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Launcher.java:1175)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Launcher.java:1122)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.continueLaunch(Launcher.java:965)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleApplicationDesc(Launcher.java:518)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.handleLaunchFile(Launcher.java:218)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:165)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

What version of Java do you have installed on the system you're running
the web browser from (your client workstation)?

java version "1.5.0_16"

thanks for your help,

gerard