Networker

Re: [Networker] enabling compression

2008-08-26 09:15:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] enabling compression
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:14:01 -0500
Hello,
NDMP is the way to go with backing up filer\NAS Data, i have realized some
admins using NFS mount to backup  the files, that may be better then CIFS
mount, however, i would stick with NDMP method.

Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
08/25/2008 06:20 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: enabling compression

I'm ASSUMING that if he's going to back up a NAS server via a CIFS
mount, then he would make the CIFS mount directly to the backup server
that's going to back it up.  Mounting it to a client, then backing that
client up across the LAN is just silly.

(Although I've seen plenty of people do it.)

Curtis Preston | VP Data Protection
GlassHouse Technologies, Inc.

T: +1 760 710 2004 | C: +1 760 419 5838 | F: +1 760 710 2009
cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com <mailto:cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>  |
www.glasshouse.com <http://www.glasshouse.com/>
Infrastructure :: Optimized