Networker

[Networker] determine block size on a old tape ?

2008-08-26 04:20:05
Subject: [Networker] determine block size on a old tape ?
From: Hans Ericson <h.ericson AT morex DOT se>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:14:24 +0200
Hello,

Trying to do a scanner on a tape from 2005, I get a "unknown error" 234.
(The tape lable can be read.) Error 234 means "More data is available", and
that is good ;-) I suppose this tape has been written with a different block
size and the current Backupserver is set for something else.... Found that
MS did something in SP1 (w2003).

How can I determine the block size for this tape and how do I set it right?

Win 2003 (currently sp1, but when the tape was written it was without SP)
Networker 7.1.4
SDLT 220

Grateful for any help.
Hans