Networker

[Networker] Ethernet Link aggregation

2008-08-18 23:57:48
Subject: [Networker] Ethernet Link aggregation
From: anandhg <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:53:29 -0400
I have a Sun Fire V890 storage node running Solaris 10 with 4 ce interface. I
am planning to configure this storage node mainly for LAN based backups. I have
trunked the interface with Sun Trunking 1.3 and also configured lacp in switch
side. In my case most of the traffic is passed to one interface instead of
distributing.

Also I am not getting more than 700Mbps throughput using four interface even if
I increase more network sessions. Not sure if there is any config issue.

I have already raised a case with SUN, but just want to understand if you have
some good experience with sun trunking on performance front. How about HP APA.