Networker

Re: [Networker] media retention

2008-08-18 17:02:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] media retention
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:57:25 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
08/18/2008 04:03:59 PM:

> I've been asked to extend the retention of a some backups, however
> this equates to hundreds of ssid's.  Is it possible to extend the
> retention of the media as opposed to the ssid, thus making my life
> easier.  I've read the manuals but they all seem to point to ssid's.

How about:

do am mminfo, listing the ssids in question; save to file. Write script to
read the ssids from the file, and reset the retention that way.

I've done that Windows, so it should be even easier in Unix.