Networker

Re: [Networker] Client/Group not using full parallelism

2008-08-14 10:19:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client/Group not using full parallelism
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:16:31 -0400

Yes - we could probably upgrade the client, I depend on the Win admin of
this client to do this...  It can't hurt and might resolve it
(hopefully?)./

> Have you broken up the saveset idevedually , i.e
> C:\TEMP,C:\Windows  or are you using ALL ?

It's using 'ALL' so we don't miss and partition changes.. The Admin is
not the best at communicating when he makes changes... So I leave it as
'ALL' to be safe.

> Are any other groups running within the backup interval and what is
the
> availability of Devices\target sessions ?

Yes - there are other groups running in the same pool overnight, but
they all complete well before this group does. Before we upgraded from
7.2.2, this never happened unless there were less than 4 save-sets
waiting to run for this client. It would always run 4 sessions at a time
as long as there were drives / sessions available, which is usually the
case..