Networker

[Networker] Client/Group not using full parallelism

2008-08-14 09:14:12
Subject: [Networker] Client/Group not using full parallelism
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:01:47 -0400
I have one client in a group that does not seem to be following either
the client or the group parallelism. Server is 7.4.2 sp2 running on
Win2k3 server. Client is Win2k3 server with 7.2 client. The group
parallelism is set to 18, the client is set to 4, but only one session
at a time seems to run on this client after all other clients in the
group have completed. This client is a large file server with many small
files that always seems to finish last in the group. I want it to be
running at least 4 sessions whenever possible. It's currently streaming
only 1 session with 5 more partitions to go.. Which will take all day
due to the larger sizes of the partitions (35-50 GB each). Is there a
way I get it to reach the desired parallelism to increase the throughput
??

Regards,

Paul