Networker

Re: [Networker] Clients don't show in mminfo, but do show in bootstrap

2008-08-12 13:31:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Clients don't show in mminfo, but do show in bootstrap
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:26:50 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
08/12/2008 11:50:55 AM:

> OK ... so somehow I have lost half of my clients from a mminfo query,
but
> yet they show from a bootstrap backup. Before the renaming of my server
on
> Fri, a "mminfo -r client, clientid" would show all 81 clients. Now:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\servadmin\My Documents>mminfo -r
client,clientid
> | sort | uniq | wc -l
> 41
>
> Bootstrap save completion email:
>
> NetWorker savegroup: (notice) Bootstrap completed, Total 81 client(s),
81
> Succeeded. Please see group completion details for more information.
>
> So where are all my clients ????

More ...

I am in the processing of doing a "scanner -m" on 2 old tapes. That's it
.. no nsrim -X, no other sort of index checking, etc.

So now ...

C:\Documents and Settings\servadmin\My Documents>mminfo -avot -r
client,clientid | sort | uniq | wc -l
97

Trust me .. there are not 56 clients on those 2 tapes ... an mminfo on
those 2 volumes gives me 6 old clients ... so no idea how it found all the
clients it couldn't find before, and then some ...

The more I use NW anymore, the more confusing it becomes .....