Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.4 SP2 - How to start over

2008-08-12 00:20:22
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.4 SP2 - How to start over
From: JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 00:18:27 -0400
The initial configuration appears to be inconsistent and a lot of changes were
made by the command-line tools.  To isolate my issues, I believe a rebuild is
the best approach.  I can do a clean install and setup a few clients then
approach EMC if I am still having issues.  One of the more recent issues
involved the LUN assignment for the tape drives.  They appeared to be
dynamically generated... I have not sat down and looked into this issue.  EMC
mentioned that I need to make the LUN mappings static.

The old tapes are a complete mess, some have been selected for recycle (done
prior to my arrival at this position), and others in the set are missing.  The
media pools are not configured properly.  Looks like some sort of auto media
management is taking place and tapes are being reassigned.  So rather than mess
with these tapes, I would like to remove them all together... and replace them
with the spares I have available.  However, accessing the tapes in the future
may be required... so I wanted to know how easy/difficult it would be to do
this and the procedure to take these tapes offline.  Is there something I
should do before I wipe out the current install?   The client names will change
when I reconfigure... something that I have recently done and experienced
problems with.  Does the DR guide outline a DR practice run?  I have not looked
at this resource yet.  I am in the early stages of planning at this point.