Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows

2008-08-08 14:20:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:16:04 -0400
Fazil.Saiyed AT anixter DOT com wrote on 08/08/2008 01:55:15 PM:

> Hi,
> I would suggest to research a bit, but my initial thoughts are
> Have you rebooted windows server after changing the name ?
restartedservices ?

You have to reboot, to make a name change on Windows, and the services did
start.

> Look into NMC install directory ( GST\bin) and see if you can modify
> file "asasrv.ini"
> Lastly you can re-install the NMC, keeping your old dB.

I'm working with Tech Support now on it; it keeps telling me my
administrator user name and password are unknown (even tho they've never
changed).

0 8/8/2008 11:36:50 AM  2 0 0 2764 2760 0 admnbck001 gstd Internal error:
could not get database handle.
0 8/8/2008 11:36:50 AM  2 0 0 2764 2760 0 admnbck001 gstd The most
recently called subfunction returned error 2.

Is what the gst log says.