Networker

Re: [Networker] after nsrck -L7, still can't browse older savesets

2008-08-06 13:39:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] after nsrck -L7, still can't browse older savesets
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:29:40 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] after nsrck -L7, still can't browse older...:

I'm was somewhat suspicious that this has something to do with the fact that
these indexes were saved under NetWorker 7.2.2.  We did our upgrade to
7.4.2 in mid June, some time around the 18th.  However, I can use nsrck
-L7 to load the index from 06/01/08 (which was a full backup) and I do
get records back when I do that.

I'm going to try running scanner for the full index saveset from 05/04/08
and the level 9 from 05/31/08, to see if I can extend the browse time that
way.

I'll report back when I scanner completes.

Any solutions yet? Did you find the culprit? This whole business of
merging in older indexes from pre 7.4.2 releases (lets say, for example,
7.2.2) really makes me nervous.

No solution, and we couldn't wait any longer.  I just scripted path-based
recovery by ssid to get back the files that we were asked to recover.  The
recovers actually went surprisingly fast.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The fact that I could get some of the indexes back (the 06/01/08 indexes
were saved under 7.2.2 too) means that it can't be just an issue with
old indexes and the new version.  The problem must lie elsewhere, or it's
a combination of issues.

Tim
edu