Networker

[Networker] NMO 4.2 versus 4.5?

2008-07-31 19:41:20
Subject: [Networker] NMO 4.2 versus 4.5?
From: jcmps821 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:36:09 -0400
Spoke to a NetWorker support engineer last week ... he claimed that you can
have downlevel NW client & NMO code (i.e ... v7.2.2 client & NMO v4.1) with
v7.4 SP2 server (AIX in this case) and still continue to run.

BUT if you upgrade your NW client to v7.4 SP2 you have to upgrade to NMO v4.5
... he claimed a lower level of NMO would not work.

I haven't tried this yet but that was his caution.  Also from what I remember
reading on NMO v4.5 ... you have to configure the client resource using
nsrnmoadmin.