Networker

Re: [Networker] Running NMC on 7.2.2?

2008-07-24 18:13:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Running NMC on 7.2.2?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:10:39 +0100
George Sinclair wrote:
If this is installed on the primary server, will this definitely work with 7.2.2? The primary server runs on Solaris 9 now. I can install this as a separate package, but as it would be managing a 7.2.x version and not a 7.3.x version or later, I'm just concerned about somehow causing problems or corruption, e.g. when making configuration changes via the new interface? Obviously, I'd have to use nwadmin for many things until I got more used to NMC, so there could be changes made from both on any given day.

In regards to upgrading 7.2.2 to 7.4, I received one suggestion of installing NMC now and playing around with it so I would be more comfortable once we upgrade, so thus the question.

By "primary server" I assume you mean the NetWorker server.

Yes you can install NMC to manage 7.2.2. It will work and will not corrupt anything. There are slightly more features available (such as drag and drop) when managing a 7.4.x server but it is basically the same.

Go ahead and try it, it is good experience for when you take the plunge and upgrade.

You can also manage a 7.4.x or 7.3.x server with nwadmin, if you still have any pre-7.3 clients lying around.