Networker

[Networker] Client failing after changing fully qualified name

2008-07-24 16:54:14
Subject: [Networker] Client failing after changing fully qualified name
From: mberry <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:18:04 -0400
Networker version: 7.4.2
Server OS: Solaris 10
Client OS: Solaris 8

Our network team wanted to get rid of an old subnet what was on our external
network and move it to the internal network.

We have a client with a host name of "system1" and the fully qualified name was
"system1.widget.org". After moving it to the internal network the host name is
now "system1.int.widget.org". The backup servers name is "backup".

The client name in Networker was originally fully qualified instead of being
the short name. We renamed the client with the short name.

When we run a backup (savegrp) we get the following error:

9078:save: File index error: permission denied, `root' on `system1' must have
remote access privilege to client system1.widget.org.

5777:save: Cannot open save session with backup

It is still looking for the old fully qualified address, but from where?

I did get it working by resolving both the old and new fully qualified address
to the same IP, but this is a hack and not the correct way to fix this problem.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?