Networker

Re: [Networker] upgrading 7.3.3 to 7.3.4, clients?

2008-07-22 12:21:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] upgrading 7.3.3 to 7.3.4, clients?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:15:52 +0300
Alex Alexiou wrote:
Hey guys,

I don't want to upgrade to 7.4 for now, but it appears there may be some
bug fixes in 7.3.4 that we could use. Would this also necessitate
upgrading all of our client machines to 7.3.4? They're all on 7.3.3, and
I ask because we had some strange bugs between 7.2 clients and the 7.3.3
server until I upgraded all of them.

  That's my zoo (on a 7.3.4 server):

  81 7.2.2.Build.422;
  64 7.3.4.Build.558;
  51 7.3.3.Build.510;
  32 7.1.3.Build.404;
  15 nwnc_7_2;
  14 7.2.1.Build.314;
  14 7.1.4.Build.577;
  10 ;
   9 6.1.3.Build.428;
   9 6.1.1.Build.238;
   6 7.2.Build.494;
   5 7.3.2.Build.364;
   3 7.2.1.Build.311;
   2 nwnc_7_2.1.Build.305;
   2 LNMs_2H_2005.Build.154;
   1 nw_7_3_2_jumbo.Build.399;
   1 nw_7_3_2_jumbo.Build.11;
   1 7.1.1_rtm.Build.277;
   1 6.1.4.Build.562;
   1 4.20;

Some of the clients (those at 6.1.x) are too old (RH 7) and cannot be upgraded. I am just waiting for them to die naturally.

-- Yaron.