Networker

Re: [Networker] Can I restore *just* directives?

2008-07-17 08:47:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can I restore *just* directives?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:43:54 -0400
Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM> wrote on 07/17/2008 08:37:08 AM:

> you could recover the /nsr/res/nsrdb directories to a temp. location,
then
> grep for "NSR directive" in the files this should show all the files
that
> contain directives.

This would be on the bootstrap tape? The tape I created using "savegrp
-o"? How would I do a restore like that - I wouldn't be using the NW
client, would I? Guess I'm still confused, as to the mechanics of the
operation. Would I have to do a "scanner -m" on the old bootstrap tape (on
which server - the old one or the new?).

> If you have no file name clashes you might be able to copy them in to
the
> new nsr/res/nsrdb restart Networker and see if it is happy (copy the new

> nsrdb first of course). - Never tried it but it might work.
> Otherwise you can use the contentents of the files to paste into the GUI

> or via nsradmin.

I had assumed copying/pasting via the GUI, yes.

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:22:20 -0400, MIchael Leone
> <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV> wrote:
>
> >My NetWorker server somehow becames do incredibly corrupt, that even a
> >mmrecov didn't help (I think it's actuallly an OS issue, as my server
> >would slow down so much that NW woulld lose connectivity to itself, the
> >console would shut down, a couple times it even rebooted. Anyway ....).
So