Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on upgrading from 7.2.2?

2008-07-08 18:28:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on upgrading from 7.2.2?
From: Rodney Rutherford <RRutherford AT PEABODYENERGY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:41:30 -0500
Dennis,

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

:-)

This was a left-over assumption from when I originally migrated to RHEL
and NW 7.2.x wasn't
supported on RHEL 4, and I certainly didn't want to go to NW 7.3 at the
time, so I stuck with
RHEL 3 and NW 7.2.2.  As a result, I ended up associating NW 7.3+ with
RHEL 4+ in my mind.

I always had the desire to go to a 2.6 kernel anyways, and it wasn't until
7.4.2 was released
that I even considered upgrading, so once I decided to upgrade I did so
across the board.

Of course, upgrading the OS is dependant on your hardware support as well,
so you really
need to decide what the best OS version is for your hardware.

Rodney

Voetelink D. <voetelink AT ecn DOT nl> wrote on 07/08/2008 10:52:34 AM:

> I disagree about the RHEL part.
>
> I've just upgraded to 7.4sp2, and both server and storage node run RHEL
> 3AS, without any problems.
>
> Also EMC's "Information Protection Software Compatibility Guide" shows
> that client, server and storage node are supported on RHEL3....
>
> regards,
>
> Dennis

E-mail Disclaimer:
The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying
documents, may constitute confidential and/or legally privileged
information.  The information is intended only for use by the
designated recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient (or
responsible for the delivery of the message to the intended
recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message from your system.