Networker

Re: [Networker] New to networker

2008-07-07 11:00:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] New to networker
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:54:01 +0300
dferguson wrote:
Yes I actually did try and install all the rpm's I got because of the
installation instructions I found said to install all of the following:
lgtoclnt-7.4.2-1.x86_64.rpm
lgtolicm-7.4.2-1.x86_64.rpm
lgtonmc-3.4.2-1.i686.rpm
lgtonode-7.4.2-1.x86_64.rpm
lgtoserv-7.4.2-1.x86_64.rpm

That is not good. I suspect this is your problem. Remove all rpms and the /nsr directory then install lgtoclnt-7.4.2-1.x86_64.rpm ONLY. Try to have a Unix sysadmin handy for these operations.

That could be the problem. I'll remove them and only install the client. Yes I am sure this is the linux 64 bit client rpm's that I have. Also the /nsr/res/servers file does not exist and I'm not exactly sure of how to create this file and what it's permissions should be and what it should contain.

/nsr/res/servers is a flat ASCII file which should have the names of the servers which are allowed to backup this client. This can be created with whatever text editor you like (vi, pico). If I am not mistaken, if it doesn't exist (or empty) it will allow all servers.

  This is my file:

[yaron@aristo etc]# cat /nsr/res/servers
# NetWorker uses the contents of this file to control which servers have the
# right to request a program, such as save, to be executed on this client.
#
# After changing this file, you must restart the NetWorker services
# for your changes to take effect.
legato.tau.ac.il

I do not get an output from /usr/sbin/nsrexecd
/usr/sbin/nsrexecd >out.txt
[root@VTS05 ~]# cat out.txt
[root@VTS05 ~]#

The command I asked for was 'file /usr/sbin/nsrexecd'. This should look like:

[yaron@aristo etc]# file /usr/sbin/nsrexecd
/usr/sbin/nsrexecd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

In this example, you can see this is a 32 bit binary. If you run x86_64 (as can seen below), you must have the 64 bit binary as well.

[root@VTS05 ~]# uname -a
Linux VTS05 2.6.18-53.el5 #1 SMP Mon Nov 12 02:14:55 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

|This was sent by dferguson AT crossroads DOT com via Backup Central.

-- Yaron.