Networker

Re: [Networker] Recomennded concurrent groups.

2008-07-06 18:29:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recomennded concurrent groups.
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 08:25:29 +1000
This may be a bit of history hanging around. Once upon a time, it was not
advisable to run more than 8 or so groups at once, but that was a long time
ago. Then it became an issue about actually starting them at the same time. Now
it should not be a problem. What probably is a problem is how many sessions you
can have in parallelSiobhán> Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 20:25:19 +0100> From:
Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK> Subject: Re: [Networker] Recomennded
concurrent groups.> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> > Yaron Zabary
wrote:> > > Recently, I discussed my nsrjobd issues with my support engineer
and > > after he inspected daemon.log, he said that running more than three > >
groups at the same time is against EMC's best practice and that if he > > will
try to open a case with EMC, I will need to run less than three > > groups at
the same time before they will start looking into the problem. > > Luckily, he
found esg93651 so there is no need to "fix" the parallel > > groups problem. I
can have as much as ten groups at a time and I > > wonder, how many groups
other people are running concurrently ?> > I have worked in several
environments where very many more groups that > that are run concurrently.
There are many valid reasons why you might > want to do this, especially in
larger environments.> > I don't think Support can refuse to support you because
you are running > more than three groups. This is one of those cases where
Support and > Engineering are a little too far removed from the real world...>
http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or> via RSS at
Want to help Windows Live Messenger plant more Aussie trees?
http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=443698