Networker

Re: [Networker] How to re-label tapes that are already labeled by NW

2008-07-03 12:39:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to re-label tapes that are already labeled by NW
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:34:33 -0400
On Jul 3, 2008, at 12:21 PM, MIchael Leone wrote:

I have a large number of tapes that were labeled by my NW server before I mmrecov'ed it. Therefore, NW doesn't know about these tapes. I'l like to either re-label them, so they go into the mm database, or import them into the database with their current label. But I can't seem to remember how to do that. I can't mount them, as NW rejects them. I can't seem to find a command that says "Label the tape in slot #X as colume Y, pool Z". What am
I missing?

Make sure each tape doesn't appear in the media database, then mount each tape in a tape drive manually (not with NetWorker) and overwrite the label using tar or cp to copy a file over it. Unmount the tape and then NetWorker should allow you to relabel it.