Networker

[Networker] Networker Management Console Admin Password reset

2008-06-30 11:26:21
Subject: [Networker] Networker Management Console Admin Password reset
From: "Dias, Kent (Contractor)" <Robert.K.Dias.contractor AT ALTRIA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:22:19 -0400
Someone in our group has somehow reset the NMC Administrator password
back to the default on one of our Networker 7.4.2 servers. We're running
NW 7.4.2 on Windows 2003 server. The only way I know of to change the
password is thru the NMC while logged into NMC as Administrator.

I need to figure out who so I can keep them from doing it again.
Everyone on our team has their own accts in the NMC that grant them the
rights they need (but not necessarily the rights they think they should
have).

How does one force the password back to the default? There are only two
of us that have the Administrator password but our entire team has admin
rights on the server itself. Their rights in the NMC are somewhat
restricted. If I can figure out how this person's doing this then I can
catch them and put my boot down on the back of their neck.

Thanks,
        Kent

Kent Dias
Windows System Administrator
Northrop Grumman IT - Richmond
robert.k.dias.contractor AT altria DOT com