Networker

Re: [Networker] Failed to connect using UDP ping?

2008-06-27 11:29:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Failed to connect using UDP ping?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:25:00 -0500
Hello,
UDP ping is used to communicate with Devices\application, generally on
port  "313318", it's heavily dependent on ICMP so check if your network
filters that, the bottom line is communication between NMC on your desktop
and Networker server is not getting through.
HTH

MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
06/27/2008 09:48 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Failed to connect using UDP ping?

What does "Failed to connect using UDP ping" indicate? I was running the
NMC from my workstation, and trying to connect to one of my NetWorker
servers. And it wouldn't connect; I got this message. However, the server
itself is chugging along, doing a clone from disk to tape (verified: I did

a remote control of the server, and am watching it that way) . So
NetWorker is up and running, but I can't seem to connect this way. I don't

appear to have general network connectivity issues with my workstation,
nor with the LAN in general. So where should I start poking, to see what
needs to be tweaked?

The last couple nights, I've had problems where NetWorker would report
this message, and then the NMC would close, and some backup jobs would
fail.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM