Networker

Re: [Networker] VSS failed to initialize for directives

2008-06-27 10:40:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] VSS failed to initialize for directives
From: "Voetelink D." <voetelink AT ECN DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:37:14 +0200
Francis Swasey wrote:

That looks sort of like what happens when one installs the 32 bit NetWorker client on a 64 bit Windows system.

100% sure that it's a 32-bit windows and a 32-bit networker client.

Ok. My next guess would be a corrupted entry in the Windows Registry and my team has for one machine spent about a month going back and forth with EMC support to figure out exactly what was corrupted.

But both domain controllers for this domain have the exact same problem. Before the upgrade everything was fine. It would be a strange coincidence that these 2 (and only these 2) systems have a corrupt registry?

Dennis

D. Voetelink
UNIX Systems Administrator

Energy research Centre of the Netherlands
Facilities Department - Automation Services

Petten, Netherlands

e-mail : voetelink AT ecn DOT nl
phone  : (+31) 224 564738