Networker

Re: [Networker] directives - core files vs core directories

2008-06-26 14:11:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] directives - core files vs core directories
From: Rick Brode <rick AT BRODETRAINING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:07:05 -0600
Teresa,

If you don't have too many core directories you want to back up, you can turn off the "skip" for those directories.

<<  /  >>
   +skip: core

<< dir_containing_core_directory >>
   forget
<< dir2_containing_core_directory >>
   forget

Unfortunately, since you have to set the "forget" for the parent directory of the "core" directory, a core file in that directory will also be backed up.

Rick

Teresa Biehler wrote:

Is it possible to write a directive to skip files named core but to back
up directories named core?

What brings this up is the standard unix directive contains this:

<< / >>

           +skip: core

So both files and directories that are named core are skipped.  We have
software which has a directory for the "core" install that is named
core.  I need to back up this directory, but I don't want to back up all
the (potentially large) core files on the system.  How do I get around
this?

Thanks.

Teresa