Networker

Re: [Networker] command line recover options?

2008-06-25 15:53:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] command line recover options?
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:42:18 -0400
Do an interfactive recover.

On the NW server just run recover -s backupservername -c clientserver

The browse time is current. Just Cd to the F Drive. Add * will add all
sub-directories. Then delete the two directories you do not want to recover.

If you are recovering the same drive letter to like. Example F drive to F drive
then you do not need to relocate the files.

Just type ? At the recover prompt to get some help.

 root@backupserver / # recover -s backupserver -c client
recover: Current working directory is /
recover> ?
Available commands are:
        add [-q] [filename] - add `filename' to list of files to be recovered
        cd [dir] - change directory to dir
        changetime [date]  - change the time that you are browsing
        debug
        delete [filename] - delete `filename' from the recover list
        destination - print destination location for recovered files
        dir [/w] [filename...] - list filename
        exit - immediately exit program
        force - overwrite existing files
        help or `?' - print this list
        lf [-aAcCdfFgilLqrRsStu1] [filename...] - list filename type
        list [-c | -l]  - list the files marked for recover
        ll [-aAcCdfFgilLqrRsStu1] [filename...] - long list filename
        ls [-aAcCdfFgilLqrRsStu1] [filename...] - list filename
        noforce - do not overwrite existing files
        pwd - print current directory
        quit - immediately exit program
        recover - recover requested files
        relocate [dir] - specify new location for recovered files
        verbose - toggle verbose mode; feedback about what is going on
        versions [filename] - report on each version of file `filename
        volumes [filename] - report volumes needed to recover marked files
`filename' can be either a file or a directory
recover>

EDWARD COTY

LEAD STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA, NACP

WORK - 973-533-2098