Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3

2008-06-20 09:25:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:20:23 -0400
Personally, no.  The thread on the satellite list suggested building a
virtual machine and threw out the RedHat 6.2 download link which has the
RPMv3 in it:
ftp://legacy.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/6.2/en/iso/i386/
<ftp://legacy.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/6.2/en/iso/i386/>

To me that is a lot of work for the simple pleasure of resigning a
package.  I don't know how many other 3rd party packages you need to
resign.  I would push EMC to update their RPM package manager.  The sat
list was discussing sun java x86_64 specifically and there were a couple
of other companies providing software that were mentioned.  I wish I
could be of more help, but I've not reached the enviable point of
creating custom channels and pushing out networker, yet.  I would
certainly benefit if EMC fixed this issue.

Patti