Networker

[Networker] 7.4 on Solaris 10 - sjirdtag

2008-06-17 09:46:44
Subject: [Networker] 7.4 on Solaris 10 - sjirdtag
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:38:10 +1000
Hi,
on Solaris 10, with networker 7.4.2, the sjirdtag command doesn't work
anymore.    We get "device busy" on the Control Port as it appears
there is a new daemon already bound on the Control Port.

We use this sjirdtag command via the venerable jbscan shell script to interrogate the CAP and to check for free tape drives when doing bulk media management.

What is the equivalent in 7.4.2 and Solaris 10?
Note we have been a 7.2.1 site until last Friday so we're not 100%
up on all the twiddly bits.

NMC won't cut it as it's not scriptable and we want to be able to
continue to use our scripts, with minimal change if possible.

It's a very annoying thing when functionality is taken away, for no apparent reason (although someone must think not) with no apparent replacement.

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT