Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question

2008-06-13 15:28:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:19:43 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Upgrade from 7.2 - 7.4 question, Goslin, Paul...:

Thanks Tim,
Our largest client index is 53GB, almost twice the amount of available
free space on the partition (next largest is 20GB), so I think the
conversion could run out of space while converting the large client

That's definitely a problem *if* there's a client index conversion that
needs to happen between 7.2.2 and 7.4.2.  I know that there's a media
conversion that needs to happen at 7.3.x, but I don't know if the client
indexes change.  I suspect they do.  We're going through the procedure
next week, so I'll know after Wednesday.  ;-)

We used to run our Networker Servers on HPUX, which made it easy
to relocate a large client index simply by moving it to a filesystem
with more space and then setting up a link from the old location to the
new one.. How easy is that to do on a Windows based server ??

No idea.  As soon as you start talking Windows, you lose me.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)