Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjobd Jobs error:

2008-06-12 09:54:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjobd Jobs error:
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:35:16 -0500
Hello,
The TCP tuning parameter have been mentioned for Unix\Linux\Aix servers
here at the list in the past, if someone can re-post or search through,
they can easily be adapted for windows, usually, via editing registry &\or
NIC driver properties.
Thanks

dd1980 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
06/12/2008 03:15 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] nsrjobd Jobs error:

Do you still see the same problem with nsrjobd after you made the
changes you mentioned? If so, you might have to do some TCP/IP tuning.
I am not that skilled with Windows, but I had a similar problem with
Solaris 10 and NetWorker 7.4 and I saw much improvement by making
certain adjustments to some of my server's TCP/IP parameters. You
might try asking EMC for recommendations or perhaps someone else on
this list can provide recommendations for TCP/IP tuning in a Windows
environment.

Also, what kind of server are you using for NetWorker (processor
speed, amount of memory, disk space)? Does this problem happen
frequently? What is the load like when this happens?

Hi Stan thanks for the reply.

I havent tried any TCP/IP tuning yet, maybe someone can help on this??

Also the server we are using is  a proliant DL580 G2 with 4 CPUS 2794mhz
3.8 GB RAM
1.2GB Virtual memory
9.67GB page file.

The funny thing is that we have 2 NetWorker Datazones that are mirrored,
both NetWorker servers are identical, However at 20:30 everynight when the
"biggest savegroups" start (60 clients each).  Both servers start to throw
up the following errors:

nsrjobd Jobs error: Unable to find record for job 32327 during an
attempt to send message to it.
4154 10/06/2008 20:36:52 nsrmmd#1 Lost connection to Media Database
39078 10/06/2008 20:36:57 savegrp RPC error: Connection lost with
server
7087 10/06/2008 20:36:57 savegrp Lost channel with the server
(nsrjobd)
32490 10/06/2008 20:36:57 savegrp group Live-Misc-Daily aborted.
39078 10/06/2008 20:36:59 savegrp RPC error: Connection lost with
server
7087 10/06/2008 20:36:59 savegrp Lost channel with the server
(nsrjobd)
32490 10/06/2008 20:36:59 savegrp group Live-Exchange-Daily aborted.

I think from e resource point of view we have plenty spare, however
something seems to be bombing out the server and I cant quite put my
finger on it.

|This was sent by daniel.damico AT glasshouse DOT com via Backup Central.

type