Networker

Re: [Networker] Monitoring a NetWorker server

2008-06-12 04:17:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Monitoring a NetWorker server
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:07:34 +0200
Hello,

Normally, there is 1 nsrmmd per enabled/serviced device
listed in networker. Disabled devices have nsrmmd daemon down.

But, when a tape is requiered, on the node where the tape
request is issued, an extra nsrmmd is created. The old
nsrmmd process linked to the targetted tape device will die
upon tape unload completion and new forked one will start
working.

I would just monitor at least 1 nsrmmd is running on the SNs
and at least one on the backup server.

For the rest, Darren is right in the way of not taking too
many care of that process. :-)

HTH

Thierry

Thierry FAIDHERBE
Backup/Storage & System Management

LE FOREM - Administration Centrale
Département des Systèmes d'Information

Boulevard Tirou, 104  Tel: + 32 (0)71/206730
B-6000 CHARLEROI      Fax: + 32 (0)71/206199
BELGIUM               Mail : Thierry.faidherbe<at>forem.be