Networker

[Networker] savegrp -O

2008-06-11 16:14:15
Subject: [Networker] savegrp -O
From: Bruce Breidall <bruce.breidall AT CONCUR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:09:44 -0400
As I have learned from this source, it is a good idea to create a separate
disabled group to contain a copy of all your clients to do a savegrp -O
via an external call to get a backup of the indexes and the bootstrap.

For a typical day, here is our order of legato tasks, single threaded:
1) run backups
2) Run clone scripts that clone savesets generated in the last day.
3) Eject the clone volumes.
4) FTP the bootstrap file to an offsite location for DR.
5) Generate recall/pick list

Would the recommendation be to incorporate a final backup of the NW
server, followed by a clone of the backup just taken, followed by the
savegrp -O between steps 3 and 4, to be fully protected?

thanks.