Networker

Re: [Networker] are indexes skipped during backup of networker server

2008-06-10 13:57:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] are indexes skipped during backup of networker server
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:50:25 -0500
Hello,
If you are talking about mmrecov and DR for Networker, empty indexes are
created at the end of mmrecov, this is to speed up recovery of networker
server ( so that it's ready to do backup), if you need the indexes for
client ( for file level recover)  you still have to do nsrck -L7.
Note: You can still do recovery with SSID at the end of mmrecov.
Any way the process is documented in Networker Dr Guide.
HTH

mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
06/10/2008 12:42 PM
Please respond to
mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] are indexes skipped during backup of networker server

Is it true that a flat file backup of the networker server will
automatically skip the client indexes?
&nbsp;
How is this accomplished - is it through a directive that is applied
automatically?
&nbsp;
Has this always been the case with Networker in both a Unix and Windows
environment?
&nbsp;
I wanted to restore the whole indexes folder to a disk and when I did this
the indexes were all empty although the folder structure was intact. I am
aware that i can restore indexes using nsrck -L7 but this was not how I
wanted to restore the networker server OS.
&nbsp;
Thanks.
&nbsp;

type