Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume expiration

2008-06-10 12:31:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume expiration
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:21:41 -0400
I believe that the expiration time is the lastest time that a saveset was
backedup plus its retention time. Note however that this is not always the
same as the time when the tape is recyclable as this is calculated in a
similar fashion but including dependant savesets (incrementals and diffs
need the full backup).
We occasionally see an expiration time that was a few weeks ago, usually
this is because a full backup was missed or failed.