Networker

Re: [Networker] tape drives getting "stuck" on storage node

2008-06-10 08:04:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] tape drives getting "stuck" on storage node
From: Hans de Vries <hans.de-vries AT BULL DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:55:06 -0400
On one of our sites we have had a lot of similar problems running NetWorker
7.3.3 with a STL L700 library using HP LTO3 tapedrives. The same type of
library with IBM LTO2 drives did not cause any trouble.
Several times a week tapes were stuck in the drives (sometimes only one,
sometimes more). Eject was not possible without powering off the tapedrive.
In our opinion this should be a hardware problem, and maybe it is. But
after updating the server and storagenodes to Networker 7.4 SP2 the
problems have disappeared.

Regards,
Hans