Networker

Re: [Networker] Price of Library license for Networker

2008-05-23 15:33:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Price of Library license for Networker
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:29:10 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Price of Library license for Networker, Cox,...:

I cannot disclose our exact number, but can confirm that your experience
is the same as mine.  Our 32slot library license is by far the most
expensive component.  Our maintenance on our library license is 3 times
more than the base software.  Go figure.

The library license is very expensive, and has always been so.

John, just be happy your library is only 38 slots.  We have two
autochanger licenses and one of them is "unlimited slots".  Per-year
maintenance on that is (IIRC) more than what you're quoted for your
initial cost.  :-|

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)