Networker

Re: [Networker] SCSI ID changing after rebooting the server

2008-05-20 22:43:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] SCSI ID changing after rebooting the server
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:36:25 +1000
Lots of off target replies about linux there...   But your 480 probably
isnt running that is it?

You don't mention the solaris version -   sounds like it's not Sol10
though as it's 3 years old.. So I'll have a guess that you're solaris 9
or 8...

Firstly - random reboots?   Sounds like a hardware problem, maybe some
failing memory, but if the reboots are sudden and there are no panic or
shutdown messages than you probably have a bad CPU module...it's also
possible that your HBA card is having a hardware problem and causing the
reboots.

Check your SAN switch zoning isnt presenting the library's device to
both HBAs - that would possibly explain the behaviour, and may also be
causing the reboots.

Next - presuming you've sorted out the rebooting problem you may have
some mess in the /etc/path_to_inst file..

You've not told us enough about your config -  I can see that you've got
FC attached devices, so they question here is whether you are using a
vendor supplied HBA driver or the sun leadville stack.

A reasonable course of action would be to clean out all the device
entries for your HBAs in path_to_inst, do a reconfiguration boot, run
lus_add_fp_devs and see if that fixes the problem.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.