Networker

Re: [Networker] SnapImage

2008-05-16 13:20:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] SnapImage
From: NetWorker <networker AT CRESEND DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:16:37 -0500
I'm a consultant and I've installed it recently so people are still buying
it and installing it. The customer seemed happy. It does what it's
advertized to do - backs up high density file systems faster than regular
NetWorker can with low impact on the CPU. You just have to be willing to put
up with a few hurdles such as the requirement for a dedicated cache lun
(never fails to catch customers by surprise even though we tell them this
before we go on site) and using NDMP for hosted-file-system backups. I don't
recommend it unless you really need it, but if you really need it, it's nice
to have.

-Steve