Networker

Re: [Networker] How do I enable debug on the Networker server service on WIndows?

2008-05-15 10:17:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] How do I enable debug on the Networker server service on WIndows?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:05:04 -0500
Hello,
We were bugged by the same issue with NDMP and Netapp, have you checked
with EMC they had given us updated files for "nsrd" etc.
what version of networker are you running ?
You can run test backup with extra verbose switches or you can place the
networker backup and recover service in startup "-D 9"  to log extra
debugging in Deamon log for Windows based networker servers.
HTH

Graeme Cowie <graeme.cowie AT NTLWORLD DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/15/2008 05:49 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Graeme Cowie <graeme.cowie AT NTLWORLD DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] How do I enable debug on the Networker server service on
WIndows?

Hi,

We are running Networker version 7.3.2 Jumbo1 on Windows 2003 Standard
SP2.  I'm trying to get to the problem of an NDMP backup issue that we are

having whereby one of our NDMP savsets completes and then fails to process

NDMP file history.

The exact message is "SERVERNAME:/mount/point Processing NDMP File History

failed on 'backup server'".

This message is reported out by the nsrndmp_save executable, but the real
problem is possibly somewhere else like in nsrindexd or nsrjobd.

I've got a call placed with EMC but we seem to be getting nowhere fast and

I have only seen a few un-answered nods on here to the same problem.

However, out of interest, I've managed to enable debugging on our Celera
for NDMP and PAX but I can't figure out how to enable any debugging on the

Networker Server, does anyone know how to do this and if so could they
tell me?  From looking around may involve creating files in the nsr/debug
directory.

Regards,

Graeme

type