Networker

Re: [Networker] DNS lookups on virtual interfaces breaking backups

2008-05-15 00:38:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] DNS lookups on virtual interfaces breaking backups
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:08:18 +1000
I see those messages but the backup still works...    When there are
multiple VIFs on a client there can be a problem when it chooses one of
the VIF ip's as the source address for the outbounc tcp connection back
t the networker servers.

You can put   save -c {mainclientname} in the backup command field and
that often sorts it out, but you still get the messages, and sometimes
it doesn't work still...

The thing with solaris ip config is that you are allowed to have
multiple ip addresses on a host that are in the same subnet as each
other - it will roundrobin through these addresses as source ip's when
making outbound connections - if you configure your Virtual Ips to all
have the DEPRECATED ipconfig flag then they will not be used for
outbound source ip's automatically, and then the connections will all
come from the IP you want the connections to come from...

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store
or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all
copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's
own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Group Limited.