Networker

[Networker] DNS lookups on virtual interfaces breaking backups

2008-05-14 15:47:13
Subject: [Networker] DNS lookups on virtual interfaces breaking backups
From: Thomas S Pinard <tom.pinard AT VERIZON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 19:36:51 +0000
I have a Solaris client that has 188 VIFs.  These VIFs are on a seperate
network than the primary interface, but statically routed to the primary
interface.

I recently moved this client from an old (5.1.103) Networker server to a
newer (7.3.2) server.  Backups worked just fine on the old server, but are
failing on the new one.  It appears to be failing because it is trying to
nslookup all of the VIFs:

* my.client.net:All savefs: Reverse DNS lookup failed for
address 1.2.3.1
* my.client.net:All savefs: Reverse DNS lookup failed for
address 1.2.3.2
* my.client.net:All savefs: Reverse DNS lookup failed for
address 1.2.3.3

Does anyone have an idea how to get around this, or why it is doing this?
I surely don't want to have to tell the admin they have to make 188 DNS
entries.

Thanks,

TomP