Networker

[Networker] Automatically restart cloning if media error causes cloning failure?

2008-05-14 09:44:24
Subject: [Networker] Automatically restart cloning if media error causes cloning failure?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:38:36 -0400
I have a number of cloning jobs; these jobs save to disk, and then clone
to SDLT-600. Last night, one of the jobs successfully finished saving to
disk, but the cloning onto tape failed (due to media error). And so the
whole job just stopped, and the savesets never cloned onto tape,
necessitating me manually cloning them this morning.

How can I tell NetWorker to restart the cloning fails due to media error?
I have the "Client retries" set to 1 for the group, but that doesn't help,
since the "save" portion worked correctly to disk.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM