Networker

Re: [Networker] [Re: scanner failing]

2008-05-13 12:06:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] [Re: scanner failing]
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:02:14 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] [Re: scanner failing], Scotty Lippold said...:

What does

    mt -f /dev/rmt/2cbn config

report?  Also, since this was a freshly installed server, have you applied
relevant patches, especially any st-related patches?  Since the system can
write to tapes and recover/read them, it still seems to point to a blocksize
mismatch between your new config and your old tapes.

Tim

Hi Tim. Solaris 9 doesn't like the config option to mt. I think you meant status?

No, I meant config.  It must be new with Solaris 10:

                         config              Reads   the   drives
                                             current   configura-
                                             tion from the driver
                                             and  displays  it in
                                             st.conf format.  See
                                             st(7D)  for  defini-
                                             tion of  fields  and
                                             there meanings.

I haven't patched the server at all. Since I don't have Sun support I'll
check and see if they have any "free" ones.

Probably best.  Did you at least install from a Solaris 9 CD/DVD that
includes the latest roll-up?  It appears from sunsolve.sun.com that you
want at least:

        113277-60   SunOS 5.9: st, sd and ssd drivers patch

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)